Named by Chapel Hill and Durham magazines as one of the top dentists in the Triangle every year since 2010, Dr. Amy Gadol is renowned for her gentle touch and her excellent patient care. She values not only delivering the best possible treatment to all patients she sees, but seeks to get to know each patient as an individual as well. It is important to her that even the most dental-phobic patient has a positive experience, and she strives to be gentle and caring. She also endeavors to educate her patients while caring for them, by explaining all treatment as thoroughly as possible. She excels at providing care for the whole family, from a child’s first exam and cleaning to providing quality restoration for that child’s grandparents.
Dr. Gadol attended UNC Chapel Hill for her undergraduate degree, and graduated Phi Beta Kappa in 2000. She also attended UNC Chapel Hill for dental school, graduating as one of the top students of her dental class in 2004. Upon graduating from dental school, Dr. Gadol has worked in conjunction with several dental offices in Chapel Hill, Durham, and Cary. She took over Dr. Buckley Cozart’s dental practice when he retired after thirty-five years in January 2010.
Dr. Gadol is a member of the Chapel Hill Comprehensive Study Club, an affiliate of the prestigious Seattle Study Club, where she stays up-to-date about developments and advances in the field of dentistry. She also supports local philanthropic organizations, providing dental care for TROSA and Project Access Durham and supporting the Interfaith Hospitality Network and SECU Family House. Dr. Gadol has also earned the following honors and awards:
- Won Indy’s Best in the Triangle award for Best Dentist in Durham in 2014 and 2017 and was a finalist in 2015
- 2011 – 2016: Identified as a Top Dentist in Durham every year by her peers in dentistry
- 2010: Identified as a Top Dentist in Chapel Hill by her peers in dentistry
- 2004, UNC Dental School: Inducted into Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society
- 2004, UNC Dental School: Robert E. Tormey, Jr., Award for sociability, humor, loyalty and caring
- 2001-2004, UNC Dental School Commendation of Excellence in Clinical Services
- 1999 Inducted into Phi Beta Kappa National Honor Society